Vein Treatment (Sclerotherapy)
Sclerotherapy in Palmdale, CA
Dr. Katayoun Motlagh offers sclerotherapy at her Palmdale, CA practice to treat and remove varicose and spider veins. Learn more below, or schedule a consultation with our varicose vein removal and spider vein removal specialist using the form on this page. Dr. Motlagh is the best doctor to contact for varicose and spider vein removal. KMHC Clinic services the following areas in Antelope Valley: Palmdale, Lancaster, Acton and Quartz Hill.
"Always trusted her with all my heart . She has saved me from two back surgeries. She is always readily available. Extremely smart and knowledgeable and caring .I highly recommend her ."- K.B. / Yelp / Aug 30, 2022
"Very professional and pleasant. Accurately assessed an abscess. We were seen promptly."- B.T. / Yelp / Aug 23, 2022
"Truly appreciate the staff and the doctor here! Went in for urgent care for my son and they were great from start to finish. Wait time wasn't too long, doctor was competent, and the staff had a great attitude. Appreciate having this place in the AV."- H. / Google / Aug 09, 2022
"Dr. Motlagh and her staff clearly enjoy what they do and have been so compassionate and supportive since I started with KMHC for primary care. The staff is always friendly and helpful. I’ve lost 15 lbs and counting since starting supervised weight loss with Dr. Motlagh and appreciate her encouragement to keep me motivated to live healthier. Since beginning microdermabrasion and regular facials with Ashi, I’ve noticed a real improvement in my skin and really look forward to each treatment. He’s so kind and knowledgeable and his passion for skincare is contagious! Ashi also provides such a soothing environment, I leave the office relaxed and in a better mood every time. Thank you!"- L.T. / Google / Jun 09, 2022
"Outstanding staff and service. Dr. Motlagh is very knowledgeable and helpful. I scheduled a microdermabrasion with Ashi, he explained the procedure I could already see results after and I didn’t wait when I arrived for my appointment."- C.H. / Google / Apr 02, 2022
What Is Sclerotherapy (Vein Treatment and Removal)?
Sclerotherapy is a simple cosmetic procedure that is often used for varicose vein treatment and spider vein removal. It involves using a chemical called a sclerosant. Our vein specialist injects the solution into varicose or spider veins to cause them to disappear or become significantly less visible.
When Is Sclerotherapy Needed?
Many patients who have varicose and spider veins find them to be unsightly and dislike the raised appearance they have. Sclerotherapy may be a good solution for patients who are looking to make varicose veins less prominent and to smooth and even out the color and texture of the skin where they appear. Sclerotherapy can also be used as a treatment for unwanted spider veins.
Reasons for undergoing varicose vein removal and spider vein removal may include:
- To eliminate or reduce the appearance of veins on the legs, face, or other areas
- To eliminate the pain caused by these enlarged veins, which may include a dull throbbing pain or burning sensation
- To enhance the look of the legs and other affected areas
See What Our Patients Are Saying…
I highly recommend Dr. Motlagh. It’s rare to find an MD that actually listens and takes the time to deliver excellent patient care! Her staff shares her compassionate and caring approach with patients of all ages. Her practice offers Family Medicine, Urgent Care, Women’s Health, Cosmetic & Weight Loss Services. THE BEST doctor in the Palmdale / Lancaster area!
What Do Spider/Varicose Vein Treatment And Removal Involve?
Sclerotherapy works by administering a solution that causes unwanted spider and varicose veins to shrink, which effectively forces blood to reroute to healthier veins. As a result, the treated veins dissolve and are naturally reabsorbed by the body in the weeks and months following treatment.
Sclerotherapy is a non-invasive in-office procedure that takes less than 30 minutes to perform. Sclerotherapy is perfectly safe and FDA-approved. Here’s what you can expect when undergoing varicose or spider vein removal with our vein specialist Dr. Katayoun Motlagh:
- After a thorough consultation, vein specialist Dr. Motlagh will provide a recommendation for what vein treatment she believes will best suit your needs.
- Before treatment, the affected leg or area will be elevated to drain blood.
- Next, the treatment area will be injected with a specialized vein treatment and removal solution using a fine needle.
- Following the injection, you may experience some cramping or discomfort for a few minutes.
- If you undergo spider or varicose vein treatment in just the legs, you may be advised to wear compression stockings for several days or weeks after the procedure.
- Sclerotherapy generally doesn’t require any recovery period, but Dr. Motlagh may recommend that you take it easy for a couple of days.
- In the weeks and months that follow treatment, the treated spider and varicose veins will turn into scar tissue that is then reabsorbed by the body.
Laser Vein Removal
Today, some patients may be candidates for a new minimally invasive sclerotherapy technique that uses a catheter and ultrasound for the treatment of larger veins. In some cases, you may be able to receive vein treatment using laser therapy instead of injections. To learn more about your treatment options, the first step is a consultation with spider and varicose vein doctor Dr. Katayoun Motlagh.
What Are The Advantages Of Vein Treatment?
Varicose vein treatment and spider vein removal have the following benefits:
- Enhanced appearance of legs and other places where veins are treated
- Costs less than surgery and requires no hospital stay
- Quick return to work and normal activities
- May eliminate pain and discomfort associated with spider and varicose veins
- Works for the vast majority of people who have the procedure
Schedule A Sclerotherapy Consultation Today!
If you are interested in learning more about cosmetic services with Dr. Katayoun Motlagh, or to find out if you are a candidate for spider or varicose vein treatment with sclerotherapy, please contact our office today by giving us a call. Or, schedule an appointment by filling out the appointment request form right on this page.