What Is Dermatology?
Dermatology is a healthcare specialty that’s dedicated to the treatment of the skin, nails, hair, and its diseases. These days, dermatology-related health care involves a lot more than just examination and treatment of the skin and skin-related problems. Visit your local Palmdale family doctor and skin specialist Dr. Katayoun Motlagh for both medical diagnosis and treatment of disorders and diseases of the skin, as well as a wide variety of treatments to keep the skin looking young and healthy. KMHC Clinic services the following areas in Antelope Valley: Palmdale, Lancaster, Acton and Quartz Hill.
Skin Services Reviews
"Have an absolutely great experience with Ashi. Wonderful facial and loved his explanation of what he was doing and his recommendations on the correct products to maintain my skin regime. I highly recommend him!"- T.M. / Google / Feb 25, 2022
"I went to get a microderm and Ashi was my esthetician. He’s really attentive and very knowledgeable with skincare! I felt like him being the one doing my face was the best choice i made. My skin after has had such great results and such a nice glow, can’t wait to come back for my next session with him!! Also i’d love to add that the front desk Liz, she was amazing from the moment she greeted me and when I came out!! Her customer services and communication skills are really the best !!"- Q.S. / Google / Feb 25, 2022
"Today was my second facial appointment here with Ashi, who has quickly become my go to esthetician, not only is he great at this but caring and easy to talk to, he caters to everyone's individual needs and my skin is improving and I love this clinic"- G.B. / Google / Mar 18, 2022
"Dr. Motlagh and her staff clearly enjoy what they do and have been so compassionate and supportive since I started with KMHC for primary care. The staff is always friendly and helpful. I’ve lost 15 lbs and counting since starting supervised weight loss with Dr. Motlagh and appreciate her encouragement to keep me motivated to live healthier. Since beginning microdermabrasion and regular facials with Ashi, I’ve noticed a real improvement in my skin and really look forward to each treatment. He’s so kind and knowledgeable and his passion for skincare is contagious! Ashi also provides such a soothing environment, I leave the office relaxed and in a better mood every time. Thank you!"- L.T. / Google / Jun 09, 2022
"Dr. Motlagh and her staff clearly enjoy what they do and have been so compassionate and supportive since I started with KMHC for primary care. The staff is always friendly and helpful. I’ve lost 15 lbs and counting since starting supervised weight loss with Dr. Motlagh and appreciate her encouragement to keep me motivated to live healthier. Since beginning microdermabrasion and regular facials with Ashi, I’ve noticed a real improvement in my skin and really look forward to each treatment. He’s so kind and knowledgeable and his passion for skincare is contagious! Ashi also provides such a soothing environment, I leave the office relaxed and in a better mood every time. Thank you!"- L.T. / Google / Jun 11, 2022
What Dermatology Services Can A Family Physician Provide?
Dr. Katayoun Motlagh offers a full range of dermatology care, from examination and treatment of existing skin problems to preventive skin care and cosmetic treatment of the skin. At her Palmdale family medicine practice, patients can receive high-quality, personalized dermatology treatment for sun-damaged skin, scars, acne, wrinkles, and more.
Here are some of the dermatology services commonly provided by skin specialist Dr. Katayoun Motlagh:
- Annual skin cancer screening
- Mole biopsy and removal
- Acne treatment
- Scar removal
- Eczema treatment
- Rash treatment
- Psoriasis treatment
- Pre-cancerous and superficial skin cancer treatment
- Hair loss treatment
Patients who want to enhance or rejuvenate the appearance of their skin also have access to a wide variety of non-invasive cosmetic dermatology services performed in-office, which include:
- BOTOX® – BOTOX is injected into muscles to temporarily stop the muscle movements that cause facial wrinkles (including frown lines) and to smooth facial lines for a more youthful appearance.
- Dermal fillers – Dermal fillers are injected into hollowed areas and deep lines on the face in order to restore youthful contours and plump areas that have lost volume due to aging. Fillers can also be used to add more volume to thin lips.
- Stem cell therapy (PRP injections) – PRP is a treatment that involves taking a patient’s own blood, processing it to create a concentration of beneficial platelets, and then injecting it into the face to stimulate collagen production and add volume to the face.
What Dermatology Skin Care Products Does Dr. Motlagh Offer?
Skin specialist Dr. Motlagh is pleased to offer a number of hand-selected skin care products that are only available through physicians and medical professionals. Depending upon your unique skin care needs, Dr. Motlagh can tailor a regimen that may include the following dermatology products.
Amalian Skin Care
Amalian is a highly effective line of skin care products made with natural ingredients and deep-acting hyaluronic acid. Benefits of Amalian skin care products include:
- Made up of a novel formula containing a combination of lecithin and hyaluronic acid, designed to help the hyaluronic acid reach deeper skin layers, where the biological activity of hyaluronic acid can take effect
- High moisture-binding capacity
- Help stimulate endogenous collagen
- Help binding of harmful free radicals
- Help stimulate wound healing
- After only a few days’ use, the skin feels smoother, younger, and more elastic
- With regular use, fine lines and wrinkles disappear and deep folds are visibly reduced
- Suitable for highly sensitive and allergy-prone skin
Biologique Recherche Skin Care
Biologique Recherche is a French biological skin care line with a wide range of products offering the following benefits:
- High concentration (over 20% in most products) of botanical, marine, and biological extracts
- No artificial fragrances
- Suitable for highly sensitive and allergy-prone skin
- Contain high quality, high composition of active ingredients
Muscadine Grape Seed Extract Products
Muscadine’s line of skin care products containing grape seed extract that provide benefits, such as:
- High in antioxidants for prevention of and fighting cancer
- Support cellular health
- May help with weight management
- Can improve menopausal symptoms and issues
- Can be helpful for those with diabetes and fatigue
Latisse is a prescription formula that is used for the cosmetic purpose of lengthening eyelashes.
If you are interested in learning more about the dermatology services, rejuvenation treatments, and cosmetic services provided by Dr. Katayoun Motlagh, contact our Palmdale office today or schedule an appointment by filling out the appointment request form right on this page.