Reduce Your Signs of Aging With Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers are a great way to reduce the signs of aging and restore skin's youthful appearance. This noninvasive treatment is becoming increasingly popular, and Dr. Katayoun Motlagh offers a variety of filler options at Kat Motlagh's Health Clinics in Palmdale, CA.
Below, we'll look at how dermal fillers can help patients achieve a smooth, glowing complexion that takes years off the face.
What are dermal fillers, and how do they work?
There are many brands of injectable dermal fillers, including some you may have heard of, like JUVÉDERM®. These differ from injectable wrinkle relaxers, such as BOTOX®, because they involve adding volume to the face to smooth out wrinkles rather than stopping facial muscles from contracting.
Dermal fillers are injected just under the skin to plump up areas where wrinkles and sagging are visible. The process typically takes under a half hour. A topical anesthetic is usually enough to dull pain, and patients can return to their daily activities almost immediately after treatment.
While dermal fillers are typically used on the face, they can also be injected into the hands to plump up loose skin and make them look younger.
What's in dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are typically made of one of four popular ingredients:
- Hyaluronic acid (HA): HA occurs naturally in the body, but injecting it can lead to a greater smoothing effect that can last six months to a year.
- Polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA): These fillers are made of collagen and purified microspheres to create smooth and firm skin.
- Calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA): CaHA is also naturally occurring (in your bones). This substance is typically used to help fill deeper wrinkles.
- Poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA): This substance helps your body make more collagen. It can smooth deep wrinkles for results lasting up to two years.
What signs of aging can dermal fillers address?
Dr. Motlagh will help each patient decide which filler (or combination of fillers and wrinkle relaxers) is best to help them achieve their goals. In general dermal fillers may be able to help treat:
- Smile marionette lines and nasolabial folds
- Brow furrows
- Crow's feet
- Frown lines
- Sagging cheeks
- Other fine lines and deep wrinkles on the face
- Thin lips
- Sunken or hollowed areas on the face
- An uneven or weak jawline
- Circles or bags under the eyes
- The appearance of scars or skin depressions
- Some asymmetries of the face
- Aging, loose skin on the hands
While dermal fillers can help smooth parts of the face, they cannot produce the dramatic lifting results of a facelift, eye lift, or brow lift. Instead, they are temporary treatments that may help you put off more extensive surgery.
Some results will be visible almost immediately after treatment. However, if your dermal filler is designed to help your body produce more collagen for longer-lasting results, it may take weeks or months to see the full results.
Get dermal fillers in Palmdale, CA
If you're looking to smooth and firm your skin and restore volume to your face where wrinkles or sagging occur but aren't ready for more invasive plastic surgery, Dr. Katayoun Motlagh offers a variety of dermal fillers in Palmdale, CA to help you reduce the signs of aging.
Simply schedule a consultation at Kat Motlagh's Health Clinics in Palmdale, CA to learn which treatment plan is right for you.