How Long Does the Skin Take to Heal After Laser Skin Resurfacing?
Opus Plasma® is one of the latest innovations in laser skin resurfacing, a treatment that can improve your complexion by encouraging collagen production and natural cell turnover. This technology at Kat Motlagh's Health Clinics delivers energy in a controlled manner, allowing for stunning results and less time in recovery.
So, how long does healing take after an Opus Plasma treatment in Palmdale, CA? Most people report smoother and more refreshed skin almost immediately after their med spa appointment, with side effects dissipating in just 24 – 48 hours.
Below, Dr. Katayoun Motlagh reviews what to expect in terms of recovery after laser skin resurfacing. We also offer several skin care tips for speeding up the healing process at home.
What is the Opus Plasma?
Opus Plasma uses unipolar radiofrequency and micro-plasma technology to create tiny channels in the skin. These channels prompt the body to produce collagen and elastin, two proteins that are essential for youthful and healthy-looking skin. New cells are generated to replace aged or damaged ones, resulting in improved skin tone and texture. Patients can manage common issues like fine lines and sun damage with a short series of sessions.
What are the benefits of Opus Plasma?
There are many reasons to consider Opus Plasma over traditional skin care products and similar resurfacing technologies. Although they promise similar results, Opus Plasma comes with unparalleled precision and control. This allows our team to target specific areas of concern while sparing healthy tissue. A recovery that normally takes weeks only lasts a few days. Patients at Kat Motlagh's Health Clinics also enjoy a more comfortable treatment overall.
What is recovery like with Opus Plasma?
Most people report minor side effects after laser skin resurfacing in Palmdale, CA. These include redness and swelling in the treatment area. Some tenderness is also expected, depending on the depth of the procedure. Dr. Motlagh explains that these side effects are short-lived and should not interfere with your regular activities.
Most people only need 24 – 48 hours to recover from Opus Plasma at our med spa. While you can return to work and other activities almost immediately, you may want to take it easy for a day or two. Keep your skin clean and moisturized during this time – avoid harsh cleansers or any products that could irritate your complexion.
Additional skin care tips
There are a few ways to make recovery from Opus Plasma as easy and comfortable as possible:
- Follow all post-treatment instructions as given: This can help you avoid complications and ensure optimal results.
- Keep your skin clean: Gently cleanse your skin twice a day with a mild, non-abrasive cleanser. Avoid hot showers or baths that could dry out your complexion.
- Moisturize regularly: Apply a nourishing and hydrating moisturizer several times a day to soothe your skin.
- Protect your skin: Avoid going outside for 48 hours after your laser procedure. If you must spend time outdoors, wear a hat and apply sunscreen.
- Schedule follow-up appointments as needed: While you should see results after one resurfacing treatment, additional sessions are needed to achieve your desired results. Dr. Motlagh will develop a customized plan during your initial consultation.
Try the Opus Plasma
Recovery does not need to be an issue when you choose Opus Plasma at Kat Motlagh's Health Clinics. Our laser skin resurfacing procedure is known for its precision and comfort, and patients enjoy minimal side effects. Anyone interested in learning about this treatment can meet with Dr. Katayoun Motlagh in Palmdale, CA. Our med spa can help you decide if this technology is right for your needs.